Having effective ICT is essential for the smooth running of a school. This service has been designed to provide schools with all the essential elements that are required to run efficient back office processes within your school.
This service provides support for your admin network, including computers, anti-virus and SIMS Support and training. Subscribing schools to this service are entitled to 30 hours of inclusive SIMS training (at a central venue) each subscription year. See the specific descriptions related to SIMS Support and Internet Services (ISP) on their own separate pages.
This service also provides two important benefits for keeping your computers and your users safe, the first being Anti-Virus licences. Included in the charge is a licence for all machines on your school network to use the McAfee anti-virus product. This includes machines on the curriculum network regardless of if they are supported by ICT Services. The second benefit is the Impero EdProtect product, which help schools meet their prevent duty for safeguarding pupils/students when they are using the ICT within school.
The detailed Service Level Agreement document provides the full details of this service including all inclusions, exclusions and service standards. This can be found at the bottom of this page.
The following services are included, items highlighted can be clicked to take you to more detailed information.
- Dedicated Central Help Desk telephone number and email for recording of issues and resolution of common problems
- SIMS Software Support
- SIMS Training Service - comprising of classroom courses, online learning, webinars and workshops
- Anti-Virus software for workstations
- A reactive hardware support service for admin workstations and admin servers
- Microsoft Windows Patch installation for admin servers and workstations using Coventry City Council WSUS servers
- Redstor Cloud Backup support - (charges for backed up data apply)
In addition the SIMS Support Service provides:-
- Strategic information management advice for Headteachers, Principals, SLT members and other staff.
- Solutions and good practice guidance for information management to support
- Smooth running and for targeting priorities for raising achievement.
- Professional and informed guidance on statutory processes tailored to fit our local context.
The following services are available at an extra charge:-
- Internet Service Provision including filtering and access to the Coventry City Council Metropolitan Area Network.
Please note that academy and free schools are not maintained by Coventry City Council, they are unable to use SIMS under Coventry City Council's licence agreement and they must licence directly with Capita SIMS.
There are some common elements of work which are excluded from the SLA charge, and these are listed here. Further detail on these and any other exclusions can be found in the detailed SLA document (attached below).
Any unsupported service element as detailed as part of this agreement. ICT Services will not raise incidents for these elements. In some cases support may be provided where an additional fee is payable.
Consumables are not covered by this SLA. Consumables include printer toner/ink and UPS batteries.
Where a 3rd party company/ICT technician has made or attempted to make configuration changes to the Administration network workstations/server, application software or network switches ICT Services may charge to rectify issues caused by the 3rd party.
Unsupported applications – this is any application which is not specifically listed.
Unsupported equipment – this is any equipment which is not specifically covered by ICT Services.
Please see the individual service items for SIMS Support and ISP Support for specific exclusions. Some excluded items may be available at an additional charge.
- 80% of Service Desk calls answered < 20 seconds
- 95% of Service Desk emails responded to within < 1 Business Day (8.00am -5.00pm/4.30pm Friday)
- SLA Reports will be made available on request
Key Performance Indicators
Incidents (where something is not working)
- Priority 1, 0-2 Service Desk Hours
- Priority 2, 0-6 Service Desk Hours
- Priority 3, 0-3 Service Desk Days
- Priority 4, 3-5 Service Desk Days
Service Requests (a request for something new)
Duration of Service
This service runs from 1st April to 31st March in each given SLA year. However, we may be able to offer other periods depending on your requirements, please contact us on either email@example.com or on 024 7678 6620 to discuss.
Pricing and How to Purchase
The price for this service is based upon your school type and the number of pupils/students on roll, you can access the main pricing from the OnePlace store:-
- For Coventry City Council maintained schools click here
- For all other schools including free schools, academies and schools not located in Coventry, click here