Who we are
The HR Advisory Services team provides a professional, proactive support service to all types of school. The team has extensive experience of schools and we pride ourselves in offering practical solutions to complex and challenging employee issues, in addition to responding to sensitive matters with tact and discretion.
What we do;
We deliver the whole range of HR advisory and support services from recruitment and induction to redundancy and retirement. Our flexible approach includes both strategic and operational staffing matters. We will;-
- Empower Schools to make the best HR decisions by providing a trusted and credible service.
- Provide professional support on complex casework covering disciplinary, capability, sickness absence and grievance issues. This includes child protection, attendance at Position of Trust and formal HR meetings, hearings, appeals and employment tribunals
- Develop and review of employment policies and procedures and provision of model policies fully consulted on or negotiated with trade unions
- Facilitate the Management of the employee relations framework including liaising with trades unions and support during disputes and industrial action
- Provide professional advice on pay and grading including Pay Policy, Conditions of Service, leadership pay and job evaluation.
- Provide support with workforce planning, school reorganisation including TUPE, redeployment, redundancy and Academy conversion
- Provide employment case law updates, formal and informal training for Head teachers and, Senior Leadership Teams.
- Advise on performance management, including engaging in difficult conversations, tackling challenging behaviours, appraisal and formal capability
Our commitment to you
- We are a multi-disciplined service that is committed to delivering professional HR advice and guidance. We are fully supported by the Coventry City Council Human Resources and Organisational Development team.
- We will provide you with a dedicated schools team who will deal with all aspects of our service to you so it’s easy for you to get in touch with us and for us to help you.
What we cost;
£69 per employee
Academies, MATs and Free Schools
The HR Advisory Options are all available to Academies MATs and Free schools as are the additional services.
Bespoke services can be purchased outside of the options listed above. These may include individual pieces of work or longer-term projects. Please contact us about your organisations specific needs and we can advise you of the terms of our bespoke services. HR Advisory support and related services required for groups of schools and clusters may be available at discounted rates.
How to find out more
Contact Sue Gray, Senior HR Manager, School’s HR Service
Phone: 02476 977421
Mobile: 07809 103629